Latest Update: – The Madras University or University of Madras Affiliated Arts, Commerce Colleges Have 81 UG and 33 PG Courses that’s Approved With the UGC. The Admission is Open For these Courses, Go to the University Website at “http://www.unom.ac.in/“ For getting Online Admission.
Latest Update: – The University Added the 6700 Seats to the all 42 Affiliated Colleges and Affiliated Institutes of University Becuase the Seats are Fulled Every Year through a Large Number of Students, So 6700 Seats are Useful For the Students in Arts and Science Courses.
|Some Key Features of University of Madras|
|University Official Name||University of Madras (मद्रास विश्वविद्यालय)|
|Short Name of the University||MU|
|University Vice-Chancellor Name||P. Duraisamy|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Founded Date||5 September 1857|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance/Merit Based|
|Approvals/Affiliations||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
||For both (Boys & Girls)|
|Distance Learning Programmes||Yes|
|University Type||State University|
|Rank||It Ranked 29 Overall and 18 Among Universities by NIRF and It Ranked 171-180 in the QS University Rankings BRICS University Rankings|
|Fees Payment Options||Cash/DD/Debit Card/Credit Card|
|Contact No.||2539 9422, 2539 9746|
|Official Website Link||Click Here|
About University of Madras
The University of Madras is a State University that is Located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is also the Mother of Almost All the Old Universities of South India. The University Was Officially Established on 5 September 1857 By an Act of Legislative Council of India. The University Offered the 233 Courses through It 109 Affiliated Colleges and 52 Approved Research Institutions. It also Offers the Courses through Distance Mode by its University of Madras Distance Education. It is Affiliated by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and NAAC Provides Its “A” Grade or it is also the Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It Has 87 Academic Departments and 19 School for Education in Various Courses to the Students. CV Raman and Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Are the Two Indian Physics Nobel Award Winner and Five Presidents of India, Including APJ Abdul Kalam, and Several Notable Mathematicians Including Srinivasa Ramanujan Are Passed From the Madras University. The NIRF Gives it 29 Rank Overall For Excellent Education.
University of Madras Admission Process
The University of Madras Offers the Admission in Its Various Course on the Bases of The Marks in the Qualifying Examinations. The University M.Ed, M.Com (Business Data Science, International Business and Finance), MA Journalism & Communication, Tamil Literature and Culture, Historical Studies and English or Many M.Sc or M.Phil. Programmes Based on the Entrance Test and Marks in the Qualifying Examinations. The Applications Can be Submit on the Madras University Official Website that is “http://www.unom.ac.in/“. Where Submit the Application Form and Attached Passport size Photo or Qualifications Certificates or Caste Certificates for SC/ST Students Through Online Mode and Submit the Fees Through DD in Favour of Madras University or Through Debit Card or Online Banking. he University MBA & MCA Programmes Admission is Based on the performance in TANCET that is Conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) of Tamil Nadu.
The Madras University Have Many School that Offer a Large Number of Courses For Admission in 2019 Batch, Those School are School of Historical Studies, Social Sciences, Information and Communication Studies, Basic Medical Sciences, Nano Science and Photonics, Sanskrit and Other Indian Languages, Management Studies, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Fine and Performance Arts, Earth and Atmospheric Science, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Political and International Studies, Economics, Philosophy and Religious Thought, Life Sciences, English and Foreign Languages, Tamil and other Dravidian Languages.
Last Date for Submission of Print Out of Online Application Form
- Master‟s programme – 17 July 2019
- PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Programmes – 31 July 2019
Important Instructions For Admission in Madras University
- Candidates shall read the Prospectus carefully before Online registration for Admission.
- Separate application forms at a cost of Rs.354/- (i.e. Rs. 300 + 18% GST of Rs. 54/-) shall be submitted for each programme (including regular and self-supportive programmes) offered by the different Departments. The fee structure of Self-Supportive Programme is higher than the regular programme. Applications cannot be transferred from one School to another.
- Attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examination shall be sent along with the print out of the online application form. However, the applicants who will appear for the final semester examinations during April/May 2019 shall send the application form along with the attested mark statements to 5th or pre-final semesters. The final semester mark statement shall be sent within 7 days after the publication of results of U.G./P.G. Examinations of the University of Madras.
- Application for admission should be filled in online on the University website at “http://www.unom.ac.in“ only. The cost of application of Rs.354/-, (i.e. Rs. 300 + 18% GST of Rs. 54/-) payment made through ONLINE ONLY through State Bank Collect [SB COLLECT] and the payment receipt shall be enclosed along with the print copy of the filled in application, otherwise, the application will summarily be rejected.
- Admissions to PG/M.Phil. programmes are based on the marks obtained in the basic qualifying examination (50 per cent) and the entrance examination marks (50 per cent).
- The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities shall obtain the eligibility certificate from the University of Madras and submit the same to the Department at the time of admission to the programme of study
- The SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu only can register only one application at free of cost. A copy of the community certificate duly attested should be submitted along with the application to avail this concession.
- The entrance examination for admission to various courses offered in the University Departments for the Academic Year 2019-2020 will commence from 20-06-2019 to 28-06-2019. The students can download their hall tickets from the university website by entering his/her Mobile No (10 digits) as user id and Date of birth as password (for example DD/MM/YYYY), and any query regarding entrance examination should be addressed to the HOD of the respective Department. The entrance examination will be held Department wise for the benefit of the students.
Note: – Professional Courses: MBA – Regular & Self Supportive course (2 Years) & MCA (3 Years) –Admission through Single Window System by Department of Technical Education, Guindy, Chennai-25.
Courses Offered by the University of Madras
The University Provides the Programmes Like Diploma Courses, P.G Diploma Courses, Certificate Courses, Post Graduate and M.Phil Courses, Those are Given Below.
|M.A. in Public Affairs (2-year, 4-semesters, Choice Based Programme)||M.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology|
|M.A. Post Modern Development Administration from the year 2009. Five Year Integrated Course – (5-years, 10-semesters, Choice Based Programme)||M.Sc-Environmental Toxicology|
|Two-year M.A. Programme in Anthropology||M.Sc- Pharmacology|
|Five-Year Integrated M.A. Programme in Anthropology||M.D – Pharmacology|
|M.Sc Applied Geology||M.A Indian Philosophy|
|M.A Arabic||M.Sc Physical Chemistry|
|M.Sc (Anatomy) (3 Year Course) – Faculty of Medicine||M.Sc(Mathematics) Full time (Core Courses, Elective Courses, Self-Study Courses and Computer Laboratory Courses)|
|M.Sc.Neuroscience (2-year course) – Faculty of Medicine||M.Sc.Medical Biochemistry, Regular and Self-supportive|
|Anatomy – Core Papers to Other Department Students – .M.Sc. Physiology and M.Sc. Microbiology||M.Sc.Microbiology (Faculty of Medicine) – Three-year course|
|M.Sc Advanced Biochemistry||M.Sc Physiology (three years under CBCS)|
|M.Sc-Biotechnology||M.A in Political Science|
|M.A. – Continuing Education Management||M.B.A.(Regular and Self-Supportive).|
|Elective courses to students of other departments||M.D.Microbiology – Three-year course|
|M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry||M.Sc – Photonics and Biophotonics|
|M.Sc.Electronics Science in collaboration with Theoretical Physics and Nuclear Physics Departments||M.Sc. Polymer Chemistry under CBCS|
|M.Sc Ocean Science and Technology||M.A Applied Psychology (from 1976 to 2000)|
|A course on “Population Economics” introduced as part of the Masters Programme in Econometrics.||M.Sc Human Resource Development Psychology (since 2001)|
|M.Com (International Business & Finance)||M. A, M. Phil, and Ph. D.in Applied Sanskrit|
|M.C.A. 3-year professional course||M. A. in Applied Sanskrit (private)|
|M.Sc.Computer Science – Self Supportive course (2-years)||M.A Sociology (M.A. Sociology is offered from 1971 onwards)|
|M.Sc.Biophysics (Two years Program)||M.A Corporate Sociology (Self Supportive Course).|
|M.A -English||M.A Tamil Literature & Culture|
|M.Sc in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||M.A.Comparative Religion and Philosophy(Specialisation in Saiva Siddhanta)|
|M.A.in Comparative Religion and Philosophy with a specialization in Christian Studies Eligibility: A Bachelor’s degree in any subject of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto||M. A, M. Phil, and Ph.D.in Sanskrit|
|MA French||M.Sc. (Physics)|
|M.Sc. Applied Geography||M.Sc. Zoology(Special)|
|M.Sc Geoinformatics (Under Private Study)||M.A. Econometrics|
|M.Sc Inorganic Chemistry||M.A International Relations|
|M.A -Islamic Studies||M.A Telugu|
|MA in Journalism and Communication 1979||M.A.Vaishnavism (Through Correspondence)|
|2 Yrs Msc||M.A. in Financial Economics|
|M.A Defence and Strategic Studies||M.Sc Statistics|
|Master of Education (M.Ed.) (Full-Time)||M.Sc Actuarial Science (self-supportive)|
|M.Sc.(Biomedical Sciences is offered in collaboration with all departments in the School of Basic Medical Sciences in Taramani campus)||M.A.Tamil Studies|
|M.Sc.Biomedical Genetics||M.A.Comparative Religion & Philosophy (with specialization in Vaishnavism) (Regular)|
|M.Sc.Molecular Biology (self-supportive)||M..A. Divyaprabandham (Regular)|
|M.Tech in Geoinformatics||PhD in Vaishnavism|
|M.A-Hindi||M.A Human Resource Management|
|M.A.Historical Studies||M.Sc-Biotechnology(Self Supportive)|
|M.A.Indian Music||South and South East Asian Studies|
|2003-04-Information Science||M.Sc., Environmental Sciences and Technology (Two-year Programme)|
|M.Sc., Library and Information Science||M.Sc. Counselling Psychology|
|M.A. Rhythmology||M.Sc Physics|
|M.A.Rhythmology – Private Study||M.Sc Toxicology|
|M.A.Folk Music||M.A Public Administration|
|M.J Online Media||M.Sc. in Library and Information Science|
|M.A.Comparitive Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Jaina Studies||M.Sc Geographical Information Science and Systems with Salzburg University, Austria – Online Programme Link: http://madras.unigis.net/|
|M.A. Kannada||M. A. in Christian Scriptures Eligibility: A Bachelor’s degree in any subject of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto|
|Masters of Laws (Two Years) in Constitutional Law and Legal Order||M. A. in Christian Studies (IDE)|
|International Law and Organisation||M.Sc. Criminology and Criminal Justice Science|
|Malayalam||Disaster and Management (Elective)|
|M.A.Bharatanatyam-Self Supportive||M.A – Indian Economics|
|M.A.Bharatanatyam – Private Study||M.Sc -Energy and Material Sciences|
|M.A. Human Rights and Duties Education (Distant Mode)||M.Sc.Botany|
|1978-79 to 2003-Library and Information Science||M.Sc., Cyber Forensics and Information Security|
|M.A Ancient History and Archaeology||M.Sc., Organic Chemistry|
|M.A. Public Administration [Tamil Medium] (2-years 4-semesters, Choice Based Programme)||M.D|
|Cyber Forensics and Information Security (Self Supportive)|
Eligibility For University of Madras Courses
The Candidates Those Want to Know the Eligibility of any Courses of Madras University, They Have to Buy the University Prospectus 2019 by Its Campus or Check It on the Website. The Graduate Candidates Can Apply For MBA Courses or Some MA Courses.
Check Also: – University of Madras Fee Structure
- Address: – Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
- Phone: – 04425399422