The University Grants Commission (विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग) (UGC India) is a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government in accordance to the UGC Act 1956 Under Ministry of Human Resource Development and is charged with coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of higher education. The UGC (University Grants Commission) was the first Start in 1945 to supervise the work of the three Central Universities of Aligarh, Banaras and Delhi. Its dependability was comprehensive in 1947 to cover all Indian universities.
- Abbreviation: UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Location: India
- Chairman: D.P. Singh
- Affiliations: Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, NCERT
- Website: Click
The UGC (University Grants Commission) was first formed in 1945 to oversee the work of the three Central Universities of Aligarh, Banaras and Delhi. Its responsibility was extended in 1947 to cover all Indian universities. It provides recognition to universities in India and disburses funds to such recognised universities and colleges. Its headquarters is in New Delhi, and six regional centres in Pune, Bhopal, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Bangalore.
Professional Councils of UGC
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Distance Education Council (DEC)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Bar Council of India (BCI)
- Board of Theological Education of the Senate of Serampore College (BTESSC)
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- Dental Council of India (DCI)
- Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH)
- Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
- National Council for Rural Institutes (NCRI)
- State Councils of Higher Education (SCHE)
- Council of Architecture
- Veterinary Council of India (VCI)
State-Wise List of Fake Universities as on April 2018
Given Below the Details of Those Universities, They are Not Approved by UGC or They are Fake Universities Provides Fake Degree.
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, Delhi-110033.
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research,8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkatta – 700063
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road, Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha.
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Puducherry-605009
- Address: University Grants Commission (UGC), Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, , New Delhi – 110002.
- Phone: 011-23604446, 011-23604200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org