The Manav Rachna University PhD Admission Process, Eligibility and Application Form is Given Below in this Article.
Manav Rachna University PhD Admission Process
- Applications for admission to PhD programmes shall be invited through an open advertisement, twice a year normally in July and January for pre-determined intake for each programme in the prescribed form as laid down by the University.
- Applications shall be screened by a Scrutiny Committee constituted by the concerned HoD to be conducted DRC. All the eligible candidates shall have to appear in a written test to be organized by MRU as per guidelines of UGC, followed by an interview to be conducted by DRC. Candidates who qualify UGC/ CSIR (JRF) Examination/ SLET/ GATE/ Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phill Programme shall be exempted from the written test.
- Those applicants who are shortlisted and are found to be suitable shall appear before the DRC of the concerned Department for judging their suitability of the research plan and availability of the Supervisor.
- Selected applicants shall be allocated Guide(s)/ Supervisor(s) depending on the specific areas of research interest.
- DRC shall for each applicant, constitute a Student Research Committee (SRC).
- DRC, on the recommendation of the Student Research Committee, shall recommend to the University, the provisional registration and regular registration of the candidate to the PhD program.
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals may be admitted to the program in accordance with the policy guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
Minimum Qualification for Manav Rachna University PhD Admission
- A candidate for admission to the Program of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained at least a Second Class Master Degree with not less than 55% of marks in aggregate in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Humanities/ Management/ Law/ Commerce/ Education from a recognized University or a Degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities, or any other equivalent qualification in the the subject in which the candidate wishes to pursue a course of research or in a subject allied thereto to the satisfaction of the Academic Council.
- The relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility criteria will be given to the candidates belonging to Women, SC/ST, BC, OBC, Kashmiri Migrants, North East States (Seven), Sports Personnel (with authorized participation of National Level), Son/Daughter of Defence Personnel Categories and Foreign National Categories
- Applicants with B.Tech / B.Arch degree or any other professional degree of four-year duration after ten plus two or higher duration in respective discipline or equivalent with minimum CGPA equivalent to 75% or more marks may be considered eligible for admission in the PhD program in Engineering and Technology
- For PhD in Law, the applicants should possess a Master’s degree in Law or M.Phil in law. Those possessing LL.B degree with either a Master’s degree in any other relevant subject or with at least ten years of legal practice or experience in a judicial/legal job with published professional work or otherwise proven research interest may be considered eligible.
- If considered necessary, DRC in consultation with the concerned Dean may propose other qualifications/ requirements in specific areas, consistent with the norms of UGC, AICTE and other statutory bodies, to Board of Studies for its recommendation to the Academic Council for approval.
Manav Rachna University PhD Fee Structure
The Fee for PhD Programs Shall Be as Prescribed by the Academic Council With the Approval of the Board of Management From Time to Time.
Manav Rachna University PhD Program Duration
- Minimum Time Period: The minimum period for submission of the thesis by a PhD candidate shall be two years from the date of provisional registration;
- Maximum Time Period: The candidate registered for the PhD Program shall be allowed to submit their thesis within Five years from the date of their provisional registration. Thereafter, the registration shall stand cancelled automatically unless, for valid reasons, an extension is granted by the Vice-Chancellor. The maximum of two extension of one year each shall be considered on case to case basis for submission of a thesis on the recommendation of DRC and Dean.
Classification of Applicants For PhD Admission
An applicant, satisfying minimum eligibility criteria, for admission to the PhD the program shall be classified into any one of the following categories:
- Regular Candidates: – Research Scholars, other than sponsored/ self-financed in receipt of Scholarship from other sources.
- Sponsored Candidates: – The candidates sponsored by an Organization/ Institution/ University, who satisfy eligibility qualifications and are allowed to register for PhD program.
- Self-Financed General Candidates: – Indian/ Foreign National/ PIO/ NRI satisfying eligibility qualifications.
- Academic Staff of the University: – Regular teachers and academic staff of Departments / Constituent Units who are allowed to register for PhD.
- Non-Academic Staff of the University / Constituent Units: – A regular member of non-academic staff of the University and its Departments/ Constituent Units who satisfies eligibility qualifications and is allowed to be registered for PhD program.
Manav Rachna University PhD Registration
- A candidate is provisionally registered in Ph D Program after he/she has been admitted to the PhD Program. However, the University after considering the recommendations of DRC shall approve or otherwise the registration of the candidate.
- The University will convey the approval for registration of the candidate as per the guidelines issued by the University with copies to the Dean of Faculty and HoD concerned.
- A summary report of the candidates registered for PhD shall be duly sent by the HoD, through concerned Dean, to the Registrar of the University.
*Click Here For More Details or Reference Link.