JEE Main 2020 Admit Card is releasing on 6th December 2019. NTA will organize the examination from 6th to 11th January 2020 for January session. National Testing Agency (NTA) organizes it twice in a year – January & April sessions.Stay tuned with shikshapath for fastest updates. Image correction in application form has been started.
Introducing New Changes in JEE Main 2020
Entrance test of JEE Mains is held twice in a year in January and April.It is a national level screening test conducted every year to offer admission into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan and B.Arch programmes.
|January Session:NTA will organize the examination from 6th to 11th January 2020 for January session.|
|April Session : NTA will organize the examination from 3rd to 9th April 2020. Application process is going to start from 7th February 2020.|
|From the year 2020, the exam will be conducted separately for BE/B.Tech, B.Arch & Planning courses. Candidates can appear for all the courses or separately.|
|For JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.|
|The number of questions in the exam paper has been decreased to 25 questions (per subject) on comparison to last year (30 questions). Also, besides the MCQs in the paper there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.|
|From this year, the paper pattern of B.Plan has been separately introduced in JEE Main.|
|The age limit to apply for JEE Mains has been removed. Now candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.|
|From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance exams of JEE Main.|
|Application Fee has been increased as compared to last year. It can be paid through online mode.|
|Aadhar card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.|
|NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centers in the country for the preparation of the students.|
|NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice every year in the months of January & April in online CBT mode.|
|Diabetic students can take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.|
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Dates
|January Session 2020|
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application correction window||14th – 20th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019 (Released)|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 11th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||31st January 2020|
|April Session 2020|
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||In the month of February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||In the month of February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||7th March 2020|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||2nd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||16th March 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||3rd – 9th April 2020|
|Announcement of Result||30th April 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form you must have to go through the JEE Main Eligibility criterion, :
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in class 12th exam can also apply.
- Age Criterion: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed 10+2 level exam or its equivalent in 2018 or 2019 from a recognized board or university.
- Diploma Holders: Candidates who are holding diploma can also apply for admissions only in IITs.
- For B.Arch: Students must have passed 12th level with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Total Attempts: There will be no attempt limit.
- For B.Plan: For B.Planning, students must have passed their 12th level with Mathematics subject.
- To get admission into IITs. NITs, CFTIs and other institutions through CSAB, students have secured 75% (For ST/SC – 65%) marks or must be under top 20 percentile in 12th level exams.
- On the basis of All India Rank of the candidate secured in the test, admission will be provided.
- Qualifying Subjects: For B.E/B.tech, candidate in their 12th level must have passed with at least of five subjects with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.